Newcastle Carers have announced the launch of a new Carers Wellbeing Fund.
Who can apply?
Carers may be eligible for the fund if:
- They are an unpaid carer
- They are over 18
- The person they care for lives in Newcastle upon Tyne
- It is over 12 months since payment of any Carers Opportunities Fund grant, and the carer returned all receipts.
- Day trips or a short break in this country
- An exercise class, educational course, or equipment for these
- Household items, e.g. washing machine or cooker
- Driving lessons
Carers need a Supporting Statement from a professional who has regular involvement with the carer or the person they care for, and who can verify that the information provided on the application form is correct.
The fund is discretionary. This means that there is limited money available so not all applications will be successful. The application pack should be read carefully and all questions answered in as much detail as possible to give the application the best chance of success.
Carers can only apply once every twelve months, even if their application is unsuccessful, so carers need to think carefully about what would help them most.
Tel. 0191 275 5060 SMS. 07874 100043 or Email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can refer a carer to our service at any time for information, advice and support on their caring role.